To help acheive my goals for the next 12 months, I am going to break each goal down in to monthly targets.
TL;DR - Goals for January, 2016
- Have lunch or coffee with at least one London based tech entrepreneur.
- Have a date night with Renee.
- Complete at least 15 headspace guided meditation sessions.
Create my new blog at adrianfletcher.org.
- Complete study of four measured skills for the 70-410 MCSA Exam.
- Request a correct legal contract for the contracting Project Management work I’m doing.
- Complete at least
64 HIIT sessions.
- Release a public MVP of Procedure.ly.
- Write one blog post about the MCSA study process.
Gym and Fitness
- Complete a half marathon with Renee.
Increase my gym personal bests to:
- 140kg Deadlift (x 5)
- 80kg Bench Press (x 5)
- 120kg Squat (x 5)
Run at least once per week and at least two solid HIIT sessions per week leading up to David’s wedding in early April.
Continue Gym workouts at least 2 times per week in the leadup to the wedding and 3 times per week afterwards.
Record all gym work so that my progress can be more accurately measured or analysed.
As I can have a history ot stress and anxiety, my aim for 2016 is to reduce stress and be able to more easily recognise the hallmarks of stress and react accordingly. This is not an easy goal to break down in to acheivable metrics, but I can try!
Meditate every morning for a least 10 minutes using my new annual subscription to headspace.
Business and Professional
Become more professional in my dealings with others. I have become lazy in professional settings.
- Get a correct legal work contract with my current employer. With 3 months recurring contract terms.
- Complete all three exams for the Microsoft Server 2012 R2 MCSA certification. While I have a lot of these skills from experience - the MCSA certification can provide solid evidence of skills and will help sure up my knowledge.
- Have lunch or coffee at least once per week with interesting and/or innovative people.
Generally, I want to improve my writing and communication skills. I also want to build an audience of others in a similar sitation to myself (working part time, solopreneur the other times).
- Create a new blog (based on Hugo) hosted here at adrianfletcher.org - if you’re reading this, looks like I succeeded ☺
- While studying for my MCSA certification and working on other projects, I aim to write a blog entry at least once per week with updates and information that others could find useful.
Keeping more information will allow me to go back and check on how much progress I’m making towards my goals.
I want to continue to work on my releationship with Renee. I have recoginised a level of co-dependence with Renee so I want to improve on that so we can both excel this year. Generally speaking, everyone can usually do better with their relationships, and I’m no different.
And more generally, I want to waste less time on television and other distractions ☺
- Keep a log book of all Gym and sports activity on excel.
- Arrange food orders and meals ahead of time. Avoid take-out where possible.
- Arrange at least one date-night with Renee per month.
- Arrange at least one night per week where Renee is not present (could be a professional night, or a board game night or a night with friends).
- Research assertiveness.